Saturday, April 14, 2012

Panzer IV Ausf G, 2nd SS Panzer Division

Finally started painting the fleet of 15mm vehicles from the boneyard.  While I am painting these up for my upcoming Eastern Front scenario, I thought I would give them a unit from Normandy so I can use them as 12th SS, 21st Panzer, or whomever I chose in either theater.  The 2nd SS really got around in WWII and is a unit that I am happy to model since it fought on so many different theaters I can use it for alot of different engagements.

Here we see the command tank 635 completed and while I am not really happy with the progress, I have to say it wasn't bad for working on it in bits and pieces here and there.  I free handed the crosses which is why they look like a kindergartner made them...
Assembled and ready for action.

The TC looks pretty neat up there in the cupola.  I like that PSC offers various crew figures. 

I have 5 in all but only need 4 for my scenario.  The spider-web type thin stripes I have not seen on Normandy plates but rather 1943 Eastern Front plates, which at least fits for the game soon.  Ahhh either way, it still looks neat.
His good side...

God I can barely stand to look at those hideous numbers!  I have to say though that a paintbrush gave its life for this model.  The brush I used is about spent.

dirty black wash for the mechanical aspects and the rear engine compartment.


The tank on the right no detailing or wash on it - wanted to compare the two.  The wash was subtle.

A different camo scheme that I borrowed from the 12th SS in Normandy.  Most of the future tanks coming up will have that scheme on them.

The company moving out!
Getting alot of modeling done this weekend.  Finished almost the entire German force for the scenario coming up.  All halftracks are built and have their Afrika Mustard undercoat, and all of the Russian vehicles are built.  (still waiting on a Zvezda KV-1 to arrive)

In other hobby news, I just finished basing the last of Buford's dismounted Cavalry Division for Fire and Fury.  Both Devin and Gamble's Brigades are represented along with the famous Yankee Cavalry General himself.  Caleff's Battery has also been finished and is drying up.  Pictures soon. Onto some nappies while I still have the energy!  Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment