Thursday, August 9, 2012

French Peninsular Troops

In continuing my theme, here is another generic unit of Peninsular French troops.  Again, these guys can serve as a 3-stand Shako Battalion, or as a Volley and Bayonet Division with 3 individual Brigades, or even 3 seperate Shako units if I'm feeling lazy enough.  More than Likely I'll use them as individual Shako units to get larger games and conserve on space.  That being said, if I had a larger space to game, I could combine all of my French units for Age of Eagles...

  The reader will kindly excuse some of the "slop" mistakes as I hurried up with these blokes and painted as I found time when the baby was sleeping!  

One Shako Battalion?  Or three...

There is a large disparity in quality.  Some of them turned out very nicely.  Others not so much.  All had to do with which Popsicle stick they were planted on!

The 2 ranks gives a much better idea that this is a combat unit, rather than a skirmish line.


HaT plastic is soft and bendy but still makes for an excellent looking unit.

These units need tufts of grass to make them look more authentic. 

I think they look adequately raggedy and like they've been marching for awhile.

In column

5 comments:

  1. Those look really good! I'm not really into the Napoleonic Era, but those look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Austin. Appreciate the comment. I didn't used to be into Napoleonics either, but try reading any of the Sharpe Novels (Try Sharpe's Eagle). You would never have thought the era could be so...awesome!

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(novel_series)

      Delete
  2. Great looking figures! I am looking forward to seeing the next batch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian! I hope you like Portuguese! They're up next!

      Delete
  3. Great job on such mediocre figures! The metal effects and piping came out especially well.

    ReplyDelete