Monday, April 1, 2013

Soviet SU-76 Samokhodnya Ustanovka-76 SP Gun

I love the SU-76.  No kidding.  It's always been one of my favorite AFVs from WWII and apparently the Russians loved it too coming up with all kinds of unusual nicknames for it.  You can read about the "little bitch," "bare-arsed Ferdinand," and "bitch" at this link here.

This is a 15mm Battlefront model and will usually find itself attached to my infantry battalions as a little extra muscle.  As many of you know, open-topped vehicles get no love in most WWII rules, which is fine, I'm grateful for the 76mm gun.  Last spearhead game, this trolled around in the woods, unpainted, and greatly helped out the T-70s when they got into trouble.  Looking foreward to seeing "her" on the table soon.  She is painted in that nice dark green drab with a tan dry brush and flat matte finish.  Busy week coming up so hopefully I get around to that T-80.  Huzzah!

PS - Paul - tried disabling the word veri just for you.  Let me know if it worked?  Let's see if I get too many visits from the Spam fairy!









8 comments:

  1. Know exactly what you mean about the SU76, it's a favorite of mine as well. Very good looking miniature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Battlefront actually has some nice mini's. Not really a fan of Flames of War though, but they work well in my GHQ, BKC, and Spearhead games. Additionally their infantry mix pretty well with Command Decision. Thanks for commenting, Mike.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff. I love the little extras hanging off the side. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick. I'm really liking how well the tan brushes over the OD. It almost makes it look like I know what I'm doing!!

      Delete
  3. A very nice model, Steven. Your fondness for the vehicle in action I find very interesting, and leads me to think perhaps a 'Command Decision' battalion of them might be in order for my own Red Army. Any recommendation at 1:76 scale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, AP - the nicest one I can find is by "Unimodels" of I believe the Ukraine. I found a kit online in the US for about 9 US dollars if that helps? Hopefully PSC comes out with their own version soon.

      http://www.plastic-models-store.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10

      Delete
  4. Another nice looking AFV. I too really like the BF models, but don't play FOW. Have you seen the forged in battle stuff, thats pretty cool too.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,
      Yes it's one of my favorites.

      The Forged in Battle stuff is very nice. I have not ordered anything from them yet but I do plan on it! Their prices are comparable to BF in my opinion.

      Delete