Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Looky What I Just Bought....

Brace yourselves, folks. 

The Zvezda 1/100 "Hot War" Miniatures are available for pre-order here in the states, finally.  Not that I'm a huge fan of Michtoy - but if you pre-order from them you get a dollar discount!  Regular price is 9.99 and their selling for 8 bucks each.  A tidy sum but still cheaper than lead.


I purchased enough for a good sized Soviet Battalion at 1:4 or an advanced element at 1:1.  4 packs of T-72, 4 packs of BTR-80, 3 packs of M2/M3 Bradley, 2 packs of M1 tanks, 1 Hind-D gunship, 1 AH-64 Apache gunship.



Couple those with the 15mm pewter troopers I already have and the Coldwar Commander, Modern Spearhead, and Fistful of TOWS games are gonna be epic!  :)


I need to get cracking and paint up my 15mm T-80 battalion for everyone...That sounds like a good "start-up" project for the man cave.  Huzzah!

14 comments:

  1. Steven you appear to suffer from the same affliction as me; "self control when presented with a new figure line--NONE!"
    I prefer plastic vehicles to metal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike - GUILTY AS CHARGED! The Zvezda line has been great and extremely cost-effective as well. Most of my 15mm T-34's are from them, as well as my Russian trucks (4 dollars per model you cant beat that), German Panzer IIIs and early war IV's, and Halftracks. I have an entire mechanized battalion of the Zvezda halftracks with Command Decision or Battlefront infantry.

      I told my wife months ago to expect this big purchase. Between you and me, there will be more in the upcoming months...

      Delete
  2. Nice looking models. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. I cannot wait to paint these guys up and get them fighting on the table top!

      Delete
  3. These look great! Must get some for my Peter Pig minis...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monty,
      You can't beat the price. Plastic Vrs Lead I think the plastic wins every time.

      Delete
  4. nice stuff. I am waiting for the soldiers to come out. the kits look spectacular and I will wait patiently (if possible) to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gowan,
      The 1/72 guys look great. It's about time someone started putting out more modern guys. It's a promising genre.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Paul,
      The Mrs allowed a brief thaw in the defense spending freeze!!! I took full advantage. Safe to say though I won't be buying any minis for awhile...

      Delete
  6. Awesome purchase! I will probably try and score as many of the 1/144 scale helicopters arei can because the Zvedza stuff is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UB,
      I bought 1 AH and 1 Hind and they look cool. I have heard nothing but good things about Zvezda's Hind models in larger scales.

      I also bought and assembled the Sturmovik and Stuka and they took me a whopping 15minutes to put togehter!!

      Delete
  7. These will be great!
    I have really enjoyed 15mm but think I'll stick to 20 for moderns in the future.
    These will be tempting once I get back to post war though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben,
      I can't wait. The BTRs will have that cool tan / medium green Soviet camo on them. I like 15mm simply for the look of the battles and the infantry. Should be fun.

      Delete