Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Look What Came in the Mail Today!


I finally received my copy of Bolt Action in the mail today!  Feels like it took forever and a day to get here.  While this is not going to be a review of the rules, I have to say I'm impressed with the book.  The pictures, artwork, diagrams, and write up are impressive and well worth the hefty price tag (even though I bought mine used lol).

I don't get the impression it has the 40k-ish feel to it, thankfully.  I am going to play it in 1/72 scale as I have a handful of vehicles and bucketloads of Soldiers in that scale.  This is a great opportunity to paint them up and game with them.  Bolt Action looks like it's going to give me a reason not to get rid of all of my 1/72 scale vehicles.

In other news, making slow progress on the Rapid Fire and "Summer of Horse and Musket" front.  I am in the middle of a crazy period at work and haven't had a day off to paint or game but hopefully soon I can finish up those darn Prussians so I can start the next Battalion/Regiment and finish up some more German and Russian Rapid Fire Companies!!

Looks like since I have Bolt Action now, this puts painting up a squad or two of Germans back on the front burner.  This will make good reading for the train ride in tomorrow.  Huzzah!


2 comments:

  1. You owe it to yourself to give Too Fat Lardies "Chain of Command" a try as well. Like BA, it is a platoon-level WW2 skirmish, but having played both, CoC is really something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ski. I have heard literally great things about Chain of Command. I bought IABSM but have not given it a proper read-through yet. Are the 2 similar? (Chain of Command and IABSM)

    ReplyDelete