Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Leopard I

I promised you all some progress so here you go.  Here is my first "completed" NATO vehicle - a West German Leopard I painted in Tamiya NATO Green and Brown and lightly dry-brushed with a "buff" type color and sealed with a matte sealant which isn't that matte.  Decals are from the Revell M48 kit and don't look too big even though they're meant for a larger model.

Speaking of which, this is a 1/100 Roskopf model from my huge purchase earlier this summer.  This guy can be used for either 1:1 gaming or even 1:4 gaming.

Used blue tac for the camouflage.  First a coat of black, then apply the tac.  Then brown, then apply the tac, then finish off with the green.  Easy! And the results don't look too bad.
 That big black dot on the lens is really annoying.  It is most certainly time for a new camera.


dry-brushing comes out here quite well.

On the wargaming table where this cat belongs!






Next up?  German infantry units for Kursk!  As promised - breaking through the defenses of all these stalled projects.  A bunch of terrain projects going on as well.  Huzzah!

6 comments:

  1. Nice work. Blu-tac the AFV modelers friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Mark. It's worked wonders for me with some of my other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Mine I have painted as Canadian, Danish, Greek, Dutch and Norweigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irishhighlander,
      I wanted to paint up a bunch of Canadian Leopards to game some of the 4th CMBG forces using Rapid Fire or some other rules set. I'd like to see yours. Do you have a link?

      Delete
  4. Its a winner Steven. Nice work all around mate.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! I followed your instructions and I'm quite glad I did. Now to paint up the rest of the force! Still have to figure out what to do with the early-model Leopards with the round turrets. Probably will go with glue-soaked and painted gauze as camo netting.

      Delete