Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reporting for Duty

"Tell his excellency that the 11th Massachusetts has arrived at Fort Ticonderoga for whatever instructions General St Clair has in preparation for them."  Colonel Ebenezer Francis. 

Okay, he most likely didn't say that but it sounded good, didnt it?

Here are my IMEX/Accurate  AWI Brits 1:72 painted up as the 11th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment ca 1777 from the Saratoga Campaign, and based however loosely, for Guns of Liberty.  (typically I prefer my stands to take 2 x hits instead of removing a stand for every hit.  I think it's a cleaner looking battlefield so I base 4 to 5 to a stand.

Anyways, on to the pictures.  One sidenote however - the bases warped a little after applying the PVA glue.  Will have to have them mounted on new bases prior to doing groundwork (paint, flock, etc).  Hence the uneven stances.

That being said, I wanted to get this Regiment to camp in preparation for the summer campaign season!  Next on the block?  British 24th Foot.  Huzzah!

11th Mass Infantry Regiment ca Saratoga Campaign 1777

11th Mass Infantry Regiment Front

2 Officers of the 11th Massachusetts Infantry conducting officerly duties on the firing line



Nice angle
Rear view of the Regiment / Officers

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that the warpage settled. They will look great on the field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave - I will hopefully complete the groundwork early this coming week. In other exciting news, I have prepped the first British regiment for duty! Cannot wait to start those buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, Steve. I've always had trouble with shading and highlights on 20mm. I had a whole mess of 20mm Imex painted up for the AWI, but being careless I failed to seal them, so they're looking pretty ragged these days. I need to strip them and re-paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathan,
    Thanks so much for your kind comments - you were always a master painter of miniatures so I'll take that as a huge compliment! The 20mm IMEX are great because they are cheap and you get alot! I still need to coat mine but i think they turned out ok. Be sure to check out the 24th Foot guys I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete