Monday, August 22, 2011

BG Simon Fraser

This is Brigadier General Simon Fraser, commander of the British Advanced Guard early in the Saratoga Campaign ca 1777.  I have no idea if he was mounted at the Battle of Hubbardton but this model is very nice and too good to pass up on.
Plus I can use him for a generic British field commander or Major General in Guns of Liberty.  I think he turned out fairly nicely.  THe lace at his cuffs went on easily as well.  I will do something very similar with my other mounted British officer model, who will be Baron Von Riedesel.  Coming soon!  Huzzah!
He turned out alright in my humble opinion.  I tried something new with basing - glued sand down, sprayed it black and dry brushed it GW's Graveyard Earth.  Looks very handsome!

MAJOR ACLAND MOVE YOUR GRENADIERS AROUND TO THEIR LEFT FLANK!  

Note the lace on his cuff.  

These 20mm plastics are a joy to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment