Sunday, January 27, 2013

More Allied "Armour"

I thought I would take a quick break from Infantry today and finish off 2 tanks which had been sitting on my shelf for awhile.  I finished one "long barrel" sherman tank for my Canadian Armoured forces as well as a short barrel Sherman for my Desert Rats.  This rounds out my Desert Rat armour as well and will make a handy addition to my 8th Army resources in Egypt during the DAK assault.  Those Panzer III's better watch out!

As far as the Canadians - well I technically haven't started the infantry just yet but I plan on modeling 2 of my favorite Canadian units - the Fort Garry Horse and...well what WWII forces wouldn't be complete without the  Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry Regiment  (PPCLI) for fighting in Italy as well as NW Europe?  Maple Leaf Up!


8th Army Desert Sherman - early 1943 (wrong hull cast though right?  I know I know...sorry!)


light brown wash then light white dry brushing


Will make a fine addition to the Grant platoons I already have and will give those DAK tankers a run for their money in any game!

The first of my Canadian armor.  This unit technically bears markings from a  unit in the 1 CAB in Italy but I will use her for numerous units and engagements.


The black camo with the dark green looks pretty neat.  I always liked Brit and Canadian armor markings.

Defiant means business!  Bring on the big cats...





Decal from the POC Miniatures armor set I purchased.


12 comments: