Monday, September 23, 2013

Gaming Board Inaugural Game! GHQ Armor

All day at work I was thinking about breaking in the new gaming board.  As soon as I got home, I threw some armor on the table and got cracking.  GHQ rules - meeting engagement from the book's first scenario.  I won't go into too much detail suffice to say it was a cracking good time.  Russian decisive victory as well.  The board surpassed expectations and I love all the maneuver room!
glorious people's army advances!


scouts



the German view


Russians pour through the collective farm



tanks bursting through

KV-1s breaking through

scouts calling in artillery fire...none of the katyusha missions arrived





cool pic!  Soviet commander


yours truly.....

moving the troops

this stupid SU76 barely managed to move past the line of departure and didn't move the rest of the game...



Germans occupy the woods

STUGIIIs take on the lead elements of the Soviet breakthrough


Soviet breakthrough! THe Panzers started bugging out.


8 comments:

  1. Good looking table and miniatures; too bad about the Katyushas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! Alas - the Russians failed their artillery cohesion roll each and every time. No fire missions for ivan.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures, great looking table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Al. I promised it would look even better after the last layer of flock! I am very pleased with how it turned out

      Delete
  3. Very nice report...the "cool pic" is really a nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil! The table makes my miniatures look good lol!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures. The table looks fantastic and it looked like a good game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean,
      It was a fun game. There is something "comfortable" to me about GHQ's rules. Kind of like a nice, comfy tshirt or something. I know them really well and it makes the game go faster I think.

      the table turned out better than I could have hoped. Now the trick is to pick which games and rules I want to play with!!! Set up takes a few minutes now that i dont have to clear off the dining room table prior to gaming.

      Delete