Wednesday, September 14, 2016

David's Done it Again!

I promised by buddy Dave that if he finished his platoon of Panthers, I'd put the post up here on my blog.  If you haven't meandered over there yet, I highly enthusiastically recommend you check out
http://truppenfuehrung.blogspot.com/for a few samples of my friend's outstanding work.  

He takes his time with his projects, and the results really show.  I should know, I got destroyed by his Canadians at Historicon!!!


Photos semi-used with his permission!

If you want to know his secrets, check out the Truppenfuehrung page.  Dave posted his recipe for these cats.


 Not much going on here at the moment in the hobby arena.  I still have another Battalion of Bavarians to finish up (Warrior Minis) before posting them.  I also thought I'd play around a little with using DISPOSABLE HEROES in the bathtub - that perhaps if instead of playing with each figure representing a man, I'd use a squad or team of troops instead and use the stats for 1 soldier as the stats for an entire team or squad, effectively playing the game up 1 echelon and seeing how it goes. 

 So 1 stand would be a team or an entire squad, and 1 vehicle would be 1 vehicle.  I think it would play fast enough.  Thoughts?  It has a fast-moving sequence and a fair pinning system that might be perfect for company sized and higher battles.

7 comments:

  1. That painting is superb! How does he do it.

    Also - disposable heroes is a pretty flexible system, if I recall - should work okay if bathtubbed up. Will be interesting to see the results. Potentially another squad leader style solution?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darren, Check out his blog - he gives an itemized list of the paints he used and the order in which he applied them. Pretty snazzy I think!

      Delete
  2. Nice tanks! Good luck with the DH experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind comments on the cats. :-)

    I have still yet to play some DH. I read through Iron Ivan's WWI set, and didn't like them so much. They felt like WWII rules with a few WWI features added in afterthought. Looking forward to the write up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see how the DH experiment goes. The system is a tried and true system that works well enough for me for ww2.

      Delete