Saturday, December 17, 2016

Team Who? Soviet T-72

A snowy, sleety, good day to stay inside and while I'm not doing much "hobbying" at least I had a minute to dry brush this beast.


A kit-bashed Zvezda T-72 that I "tricked out" with leftover Potecknov's Bears Battlefront Team Yankee T-72 parts, including the TC who is infuriatingly "lounging" in the cupola.  A few minutes against Leo's or M1s will fix that...

Anyways the whole Soviet force may be getting a makeover.  With my T-80s and BMPs getting repainted as well.
The remaining T-72s and BTRs are coated in the PSC green already.  Just awaiting their wash and dry brushing.

Not bad for hacking the reactive Kontakt armor off the turret.


This bad-boy is a proof of concept for my Soviet fleet, which I'm repainting in PSC's "Soviet Armor Green" that I really like.  I have 2 cans of this stuff, bought from a birthday binge 2 years ago!


on  the TV stand to get a better appreciation of the color schemes.


So that's pretty much it.  Things have been nuts lately and I doubt I'll even get around to flocking a single Austrian unit today but at least they're all based.  Speaking of which:
The rest of my Austrian commission done.  I have enough for Lobositz!
Starting to piece together the OOB for The Battle of Lobositz although using Black Powder as opposed to Volley and Bayonet as originally though (though I may play that, too).

Roskopf and EKO T-55s!  "Volks Armee" anyone??  These guys will all be repainted from this color to the PSC Soviet green.
Also loving this "news" about PSC making a T-55 box.  Sign me up for a box!

Anyways that's it.  Off to clean the bathroom...

11 comments:

  1. Most impressive and very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't like some Soviet green, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic finish on the T72. Mine always finish up being too dark. I must get a couple of cans of the PSC paint and have a respray.

    Looking forward to seeing the Soviet Armour in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Darren. Some Rapid Fire Able Archer is in order i think.

      Delete
  4. Looking good, Steve. You've got quite a Ted Horde there!

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief! "Red Horde," not "Ted Horde"...

      Delete
    2. Hey, I dunno. An alternate cold war where the politburo is run by cuddly toys could work with the right rules.

      There's sure to be a role playing game that explores this. RPGs seem to have exhausted every genre possible :)

      Delete
    3. You're cracking me up, Duc. I suppose Johnny, the Lawyer, Tom Brady, and Flash Gordon are subordinates? ;)

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
    4. Cheers guys. Either way the red menace is ready to steam roll over the imperialist running dog lackeys, be it adorable, wacky talking stuffed animal and friends or a host of steel beasts.

      Delete
  5. Great report mate. Don't be too sure about the red horde!

    ReplyDelete