Friday, June 22, 2018

Terrains4Games 15mm Destroyed Buildings for Stalingrad

I bit the bullet and last week purchased a shed-load of Terrains4Games ruined buildings from Poland.  I have to say I am very impressed, especially for the prices of these models.  (also equally impressed that they arrived already!)  All I can say is Ausgezeichnet!

They will make a great addition to my wargaming scenery and will definitely add some "class" to future Stalingrad games.

Townhouse (R) and Residential block (L)
I purchased the townhouse, residential block, some ruined corner sets, and the smaller factory.  After assembling all of them, I'll add rubble, spray paint them, and detail them as best I can.  The goal is for many destroyed structures for attackers and defenders to hide in.  The sense of mass of many rubbled buildings makes it really look like Stalingrad.  Thanks to the crew at T4G for quick service and delivering an outstanding product at an affordable price. 



Last night's building binge.  Tonight will see the rest finished.

I "may" have even ordered the iconic Barmaley fountain for the upcoming Stalingrad games!  Now all that is left is to find a corner of the city to fight over.  The Red Barricades factory, the tractor works, etc.

The Barmaley Fountain coming from Spain

I still need to work up more industrial terrain like large oil storage tanks, beam yards, factory areas, etc.  Many of that will be scratch-built, including a replica of the famous grain elevator. (note - link has some great Stalingrad resources including an outstanding German planning map which is exactly what I'll use it for as well).


Hopefully next post is the entire completed assortment of T4G destroyed buildings.  Just dont ask me where I'm going to store all this stuff...


6 comments:

  1. Good stuff, I have made Stalingrad buildings in the past from foamcore, but these days, MDF is so well suited, for mass production, that is certainly the better way to go. I have pre-paints Epsilon buildings in 10mm and like their rustic character / charm. I had no idea that they did the fountain. Things are shaping up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Norm. Your buildings are outstanding and they really provide the effect that's sought after for urban fighting games.
      I'd love to go nuts with foamcore stuff but I have neither time nor patience. That said, I'll probably end up scratch building some buildings like the grain elevator (not to scale though) and various other industrial sites.

      I found the epsilon fountain by accident and really like it. The cost was very nice too compared to the other models out there - for the same price this one comes painted!

      This battle is really starting to shape up! Now if I could only decide on a sector to fight for. I'm down to the Barrikady, the Tractor Factory, or the Grain Elevator right now.

      Like you, I have a certain nostalgia for the Tractor Factory with the original Squad Leader rules.

      Delete
  2. Wow, great stuff, but all I can think is “look at all that work to be done”! You’re a better man than me, Steve. May The Force be with you!

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack! You're right Stalingrad will take a huge lift to get things into place. Im not one to back down from a challenge either!

      Delete
    2. Go get'em, tiger! On a serious note, I'm sure you'll have them looking amazing in no time, can't wait to see how it all turns out. Even better, can't wait to see the batreps for the games you get to use that stuff in!

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete