Sunday, August 26, 2018

Dunn-Kempf: OPFOR FINISHED!

Wow with all of the ridiculous travel I've had for work of late, I've still somehow been able to knock out my OPFOR Soviets for the Dunn-Kempf project!  Wohoo!  So sit back, grab a cup of strong black tea, and feast your eyes on some Cold War combat power, courtesy of the peace loving peoples of the Soviet Union!

Total forces are just about what you'd get in a Dunn Kempf pack to include a tank battalion of 31 T-62 tanks, a mechanized infantry company in 10 BMP-1s, a fire support BRDM, a command vehicle, an Anti Tank SAGGER platoon, and an Anti Aircraft Artillery platoon.  I have 4 x Hinds but have not yet started them.  Airpower will be another post.
HQs elements including the command track and a fire support BRDM.

The boss.

Recon platoon.

SAGGER platoon

ZSU-57-2 Platoon
I'm also really excited to use these troops for Team Yankee / FATE OF A NATION, albeit with historical MTOEs instead of the recommended points-based organizations.  Dont be surprised to see FATE OF A NATION transported to Central Europe, either!  (IE Team Yankee 10 years prior to 1985)


Infantry AK / RPK team stands  (My RPG stands for Team Yankee will remain on pennies until i get thicker round bases)
 I do admit I need to touch up the paint for the infantry.  Probably just use some highlights and redo the helmets and they'll be good to go and ready to liberate Western Europe from the yoke of capitalist oppression...







Speaking of the Arab Israeli Wars, I've also started work on the FOAN stands which I've shown below.  Still lots to do in the AIW department.  This time I'm doing most of the bases' groundwork prior to doing the vehicles.  Kind of a lesson learned from the Soviet DK project.

Dry brushed with VJ dark sand.  Pretty convincing for the Sinai or Golan?

iSherman.


So as I wrap up the Dunn Kempf project, I still owe you all some posts on the rules and gaming aids (markers), etc.  I think I'll even post a quick tutorial on how to play... once I figure it out!

Dave and I are supposed to do a game next week.  At the rate I'm going, that might be tank-only since I have all the US stuff to do next.  It's slow going, but progress none-the-less!

And speaking of US Forces, here are some GHQ US Troopers in BDUs (yes, I painted the woodland camo on them) along with some of my favorite, classic H Series MTOE vehicles.  All of these guys will get the same treatment as the Dunn Kempf Soviets - rebasing on bigger bases for Team Yankee, etc.  THIS IS FOR YOU, DON!

micro US infantry - they will be rebased.

Next to a MERDC M113


SCOUTS OUT!  M551 Sheridans pacing the trace.

everyone's favorite tank.  the M60



5 comments:

  1. The SOVs look good enough to shoot, and yes you impressed me with the BDUs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, but not finished, reinforcements en route!

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Thanks Jack! Although dont be surprised if theyre diverted and sent somewhere sunny and sandy :)

      Delete
    2. Do you have the defense numbers for the Sheridan in your Dunn-Kempf copy? Mine does not have them, just the 152mm stats. Thx, Mitch

      Delete