Monday, August 20, 2018

Dunn-Kempf: The OPFOR Infantry WIP

I decided that my 6mm micro modern Soviet infantry needed a bath.
Modern Soviets advancing through a creek!

 So I dunked them in water for about an hour and a half which did the trick remarkably well and presto!  They popped right off their wooden bases!
Seriously it was almost effortless to get them off the bases.
 Now that they're off those round bases, I'm going to consolidate them and mount them on FOW small sized bases, both for Team Yankee and for our Dunn-Kempf game.



 You have to love the detail on these GHQ infantry bases.   I'm really liking them, and with the "Tiny Tanks 3mm" TEAM YANKEE HOUSE RULES being published, I'm going to use them soon in a game.  I also ordered more infantry for use in FOAN battles as well.

Not bad considering he's the size of sweater lint....




detail on the backpacks!!!
Anyways that's about it.  Not much time for gaming or much of anything else (except purchasing things...).  Big plans coming up, though.  Still haven't forgotten about Talavera, and there's a Dunn Kempf test game in our future, as well as Team Yankee and Fate of a Nation 6mm games as well!

I used the GHQ sale that's going on right now and bought a shed-load of armor and infantry.  That will complete my Fate of a Nation Arabs/Israelis and it's too bad, really, that I really cant justify going back to GHQ and buying up all my East Germans (would need 7 packs of T-55AM2s, and 6 packs of BTR60s, and then probably another 2 packs of infantry...  I mean...I'd like to.....but I wont.

Hope you're having a good week.

9 comments:

  1. Steve,

    Wow man, those are great paintjobs on that 6mm infantry, and you're braver than me, I'd have been too scared to submerge them in water for fear of messing up those beautiful paintjobs!

    It seems you and are in the same boat right now, too many projects getting ready, 'real life' getting in the way, no gaming of late. I'm aiming to fix that this weekend.

    Regarding WarPac GHQ stuff, let me take a look around, I might be able to help you out, I've got quite a bit lying about for stuff I never got around to... Though I will point out that you might have to fudge a bit, i.e., I don't think I've got T-55AM2s, but I've got tons of T-55s of other models.

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Your armory gratefully accepted! We will need it!"

      Jack, ill email you and we can work something out. The peace loving nations of the warsaw pact cheerfully open their borders for arms imports.

      So i took a gamble and dunked them up to their boots in very shallow water per my buddy Daves advice. It works amazing if you used PVA. The troops literally pop right off after an hour or so.
      Yeah man, too many projects to count and everything is a priority lol.

      Delete
  2. WOW, dude! And in 6mm no less, very nice work....now really impress me and do BDUs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you it your good....they blind me in 15mm!

      Delete
    2. Ive got them done from the previous project. Ill do a post on them for you. I gotta do this stuff while i still have my eyesight!!

      Delete
  3. Very impressive, can't beleive they're so little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those infantry look superb mate.
    My copy of Dunn Kempf is in the mail they tell me. Look forward to reading it. It's been a while since I got the 1/300 moderns out, and I have some generic 'green field' battlemats which I got cheap (artificial grass). I might paint some geomorphic roads on them and have a set of 'matched' countryside sheets for a mini campaign with DK.

    ReplyDelete