Saturday, June 16, 2018

Novus Design Studio: 15mm Russian Farmhouse and some project news

Way back during the 2017 Holidays, I purchased a few goodies from Novus Design Studios during their Black Friday sale. 

Well, all of the hub-bub on the Battlegroup and other wargaming facebook pages have a bunch of guys making Stalingrad terrain with the OUTSTANDING Novus stuff taking center stage so that motivated me to actually paint up some of the stuff I bought.  (Russian Farmhouse, Russian Peasant House, Train Station - and ANOTHER purchase - the Red Barricades factory, and the 15mm chimney stacks).  (more on the Stalingrad stuff later in this post, also.)

Home sweet home
 This house will fit in perfectly with my Eastern Front collection and I can't wait to get it on the table.  Although I didn't take any pictures, the roof does come off and you can fit about 3 FOW sized bases inside.
Bought a bunch of grass and flower tufts.  Here are some flower tufts on the model base.
 The detail that is cast into this thing is amazing.  And if you agree that this is amazing, wait until you see the big Stalingrad urban ruins.  I haven't painted them yet, but I did prepare the Barrikady Factory for painting!  Wohoo!

Timber, fences, even extra thatch for the roof, all here.
 I'm working on the chimneys next for the "forest of chimneys" at stalingrad which will make excellent Crossfire or "other" terrain.  That said, I did play in an awesome RAPID FIRE Stalingrad campaign game at Fall-In 2017 (hint).  Also here.


I also ordered a bunch of inexpensive MDF ruins from Terrains4Games to round out my Stalingrad collection.  Why on earth would I be buying all this Stalingrad stuff????  Ohh I dont know...maybe to play a Stalingrad Campaign of my own in 15mm????  Anyways, now that the cat is out of the bag, enjoy the pictures of my Russian Farmhouse.  More stuff coming soon.  Promise!  Stalingrad is calling!




10 comments:

  1. Damn Steve, that’s uncanny. When they ran they’re sale last Christmas I bought that same house, another one, the blown out train station, and a wooden bridge (that I somehow broke).

    Though mine are all sitting out in the garage, collecting dust after being primed months ago...

    Your house looks amazing, by the way :)

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack. It was peer pressure from the internet that finally got me to get in gear and start this crap!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful farmhouse , well done Steven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I’m feeling it ;)

    So what did you do? Looks like a dark brown prime with a lot of light gray (white?) drybrush for the sides, something a bit more yellow (barely) for the roof? It looks fantastic; I’m not very good at stuff like this, much more of a block painter and throw a wash on it...

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So i had to clean the model with dawn and let it dry. Primed black with a rattle can.
      It's dry brushed vallejo green gray (love how the wood looks old and worn). The dirt is dry brushed tamiya flat earth. The roof is dry brushed with a dark khaki and then a sand stone. Overall im happy with it!

      Lots of guys out there in TV land are doing the train station nail factory and the barricade factory. Peer pressure's a b**** !

      Delete
    2. Ahh, yeah, I see the green now. It looks amazing, I’ll be happy to get mine half as pretty!

      V/R,
      Jack

      Delete
    3. The lighting in my basement is crappy fluorescent so it's easy to get colors messed up. Thanks Jack.

      Delete