Saturday, November 28, 2020

WTF Blogger - How Do I.....

UPDATE: I FIXED IT.  For those of you who stumbled into the same problem - there is an innocuous link in the email section.  To read this below, I would hardly have thought it would be for me to invite myself.  But that's indeed what you must do - invite yourself to receive comments from your own blog.  Is it me, or is that stupid??

                                       

Then again, I am NOT a computer programmer.

For those joining just now, enjoy the below read and see if you can sense my frustration with Blogger.

Turn Comment Notifications "back on?"  

This morning while reading a comment from someone on email, I "fat-fingered" the unsubscribe button on my stupid phone.  My phone, which usually takes 14 minutes to process clicking on ANY link, decided today that it would prosecute my request with lightning efficiency.  So I accidentally turned my email notifications off.  I remembered how in the old days, my preferences would mysteriously change ever few years so I had to go in to fix, which usually took me less than a minute to do.

Well that was the OLD days!  I went in today to see about fixing the comment notifications.  I went in the "same old way" and here is what I've come up with so far:

When I go into settings / comments, I see the following screen:


By now you're staying - Steve!  click on Comment Notification Email!  That's a pretty good idea.  So I clicked on it and this is what I see:


There are no emails.  Nor are there any ways for me to input any emails, either.  So - smart folks out there - what do I do here to turn my comment email notifications back on?  I hate blogger - but I love interacting with my blog commenters - you are the primary reason I post this stuff.  

Am I missing something?  Probably also worth mentioning here that when I do an internet search for the problem, I'm coming up with methods to fix this under the old Blogger.

9 comments:

  1. Replies

    1. I know what you mean mate, the new blogger still seems to be in beta.
      At least you're finding some solutions - and I know there will be experts for this one.

      Delete
    2. Cheers Darren. Blogger and google had solutions in search of a problem... I haven't heard a single good thing about the changes.

      Delete
  2. Not helpful, but I have "Comment Notification email" populated with my email address. I recall doing this as soon as I switched over to the new blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan, that's interesting because my settings ported over fine without having to renew them. Comments were being g received fine. Anyways I'm glad I figured it out but the changes dont really seem to be of much help!

      Delete
  3. I have never used e-mail notification. Instead I regularly just go into my dashboard and click on comments - it lists new comments and allows me to kill spam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I get quite enough email as it is.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, guys. For me, the emails are convenient ways for me to know I have a comment. With 2 young children and a crazy job, I hate to say it but if I dont have a notification sent to me, I will most likely forget to check. It's simply a case of "out of sight, out of mind."
      Regarding the number of emails Martin, I rather like or look forward to receiving comment emails. Many of the emails I get are pointless drivel, but the comment emails are always eagerly anticipated!

      Delete