Monday, January 15, 2018

WIP: Gaming Table Progress Part 2

As promised, here are some pictures of more recent progress on the gaming table.  I'm achieving the look I was going for so far!

I worked hard on transitioning with the ground cover and texture coloring.  The middle areas between flocked areas have lots of dry-brushing and have that dried out look, while the areas closer to the flocked areas are darker, retaining a little more moisture.  The table was sealed with a bunch of PVA/Water and dried pretty quickly.  I'm happy to say the table is game-ready now.

Still WIP - this was before more of the work on the texture dry-brushing.  The darker areas are not so dark anymore.  I also like how the areas between some of the flocked parts look like trails or water runoff areas.  They add depth or relief to the table if you look at it.
Also, the hills I worked on are looking very good.  They've since been sealed with PVA and are ready for the table!  I'm going to give my Warzone hills the same treatment, and also I think I'll cut some more foam board hills out this year.  Enough for a ridgeline to cut across the table.

Soviet Scouts in overwatch!



While my wife disagrees, I think I need to add a few more splotches of flocked area in some of the bare spots.

2 hills.
So now that the table is almost done, I am working on standardizing all of my terrain pieces.  You could even say I'm basically "starting over" with all of my terrain.  My trees are getting the same treatment with their bases and the bases will match my table.  Same thing with buildings, village pieces, farm fields, hedges, fences, etc.  Nothing is safe!  An ambitious project, but one that I think it worth having and will pay off for me in the long run.

3 comments: